Office Hours:

Monday thru Friday

7:30 am - 4:30 pm


Phone: 641.664.2321

Megan Clyman
County Recorder


Vicki Lough
Deputy Recorder

Forms & Applications
Vital Records
Real Estate
Military Records
Boats, ATV;s Snowmobiles
DNR Licensing
County Offices
Davis County Website
Military Records

Related Links:

Iowa Department of Veterans Affairs

Department of Veterans Affairs

or more information contact your local
Veteran's Affairs Office at

Copies of military discharges are free of charge.  


Military discharge papers (known as DD214's) may be recorded as permanent records and certified to perfect claims. In order to obtain a certified copy, the original document must first be recorded at the Recorder's Office upon discharge from service.  You may request a certified copy by completing the Application for Certified Copy and mailing it to the Davis County Recorder's Office, 100 Courthouse Square, Suite 7, Bloomfield, Iowa  52537

If you did not record your discharge papers at that time, and cannot locate the original, a copy of your discharge papers may be obtained by contacting the National Archives and Records Administrator at



100 Courthouse Square, Suite 7 , Bloomfield, IA  52537
2014 Site designed and maintained by Visual Image